For all those who prefer having a style that they would like to call their very own – you guys know the truth of the matter better than anyone else out there. And that is the fact that finding and constantly refining your personal style is quite the uphill task, especially when you are just starting out. No matter which way you want to look at it, that is a fact.
Hence, when it comes to your wardrobe stylist, you not only need to understand what looks good on you but knowing what you specifically like and how to shop can definitely help you go a long way. After a certain point, you need to make sure that all the three aspects are completely sorted out.
Most of us have been in that situation time and again when we don’t exactly seem to have the right clothes for the right occasion. Or even if we do have the right clothes, those very clothes don’t end up fitting into our particular sense of style. Sure, you may be in constant need of a colour and style consultant every now and them, but why not take matters into one’s own hands whenever possible?
Without further ado, let us take a good look at the top seven tips on how to find your personal style:-
- The aspect of inspiration: The start of this can be as simple as writing down the names of your favorite style icons. Then you can go to their Instagram accounts or websites to find out which particular aspects of their style you happen to draw inspiration from. Once you have chalked out different types of inspiration from several sources, you will be able to pinpoint what exactly you like and dislike more easily.
- Clean up and clean out: This basically means taking a good, hard look at your closet and assessing what you really need and what you don’t. Don’t take too long doing this and make sure that you trust your gut feeling. Decluttering your closet of all the unnecessary fluff is vital.
- Be smarter about shopping: How does one remain trendy enough to fit it and develop their own style at the same time? The answer is – shop smarter and know which styles to experiment with. And that includes not just various kinds of clothes, but accessories as well.
- Treat your goals and lifestyle as an important factor: This is something a lot of people do tend to forget from time to time. Your wardrobe shouldn’t just reflect your personality and aspirations, but also your daily lifestyle as well. Making sure that all the above factors are covered is not as easy as most people think.
- Don’t underestimate the power of confidence: Don’t ever get stuck in the mindset of trying to fit into the smallest size possible. After all, the size number isn’t the factor that makes you confident, but rather how you feel in your own skin. If you feel confident and happy, you can make anything look good. Period.
At the end of the day, you need to realize the importance of sticking with your own taste in style. After all, what makes you feel beautiful and confident is what you will end up wearing the most simply because you feel great. It is as simple as straightforward as that.
Most of all, it is important for us to remember that we need to be able to adapt while maintaining a style of our very own at the same time. Ultimately, facing each day with a certain sense of confidence will ensure that we will make a good first impression as well as feel legitimately classy and comfortable in whatever we are wearing. In the long run, that is what will make the most difference.