Whatever your personal opinion on bamboo flooring might be, one thing is for sure. And that is the fact that in the past few years, it has truly become an increasingly popular choice for a lot of homeowners, commercial developers as well as architects. Gone are the days when it was only considered a novelty option and few people would invest in it. Nowadays, one can see almost every second homeowner seeing the true value of the product. However, it is important to note that not all bamboo flooring is created alike. There are quite a few varieties and which you ultimately choose as the best option would depend on your overall priorities.
Of course, one cannot deny the fact that the aspect of being more eco-friendly in our consumption has become a lot more accepted and popular over the years. Be it the need for wooden flooring in Auckland or bamboo flooring, that is a fact. This is mainly due to a series of human-related catastrophes such as man-made natural disasters, global warming, deforestation and marine pollution, to name a few. On that very note, let us get into the five main benefits of bamboo flooring:-
1. Sustainable and eco-friendly: It is a renewable grass and the root continues to grow even after the bamboo plant has been harvested. Hence, it does not need replanting and is an excellent alternative to hardwood.
2. Extremely durable and strong: Even though a lot of people don’t know this, it is actually twice as strong as oak. This in itself, makes it the ideal choice for both commercial and domestic use across the board.
3. The aspect of dimensional stability: This means that unlike a lot of other similar materials, bamboo can easily cope with changes in humidity and temperature. Plus it can also be installed in a number of different ways as well.
4. Different colours and styles: Bamboo flooring is available in three different styles, namely vertical, horizontal and strand woven. You have the option of choosing between two main colours – carbonised (coffee coloured brown) and natural (pale and golden tones).
5. Easy to look after: All that you need to do is a daily light sweep and a weekly clean with a spray. You don’t have to worry about scrubbing any surface with an expensive detergent or cleaning fluid.
Finally, if you are convinced, it is up to you to select the type of bamboo that fits perfectly with your construction vision in every way. For this, you will certainly need to do your homework and research.
It is also worth noting that where you stay and the climate of the place does play an important role. If neither of the two aspects are compatible with bamboo, then it is best advised that you invest your time and money in another type of flooring. This is not to say that bamboo flooring is unimportant, but one should not undertake the cause of bamboo flooring when it is not conducive for the place you are staying in.